4.17.2010

I Want To Recreate What Love Is

I haven't really been interested in my project the last few days. It isn't like I wouldn't love to slip into someone else's mind right now. I'd love to find a lyric that could validate the inner workings of my own mind. It's entirely possible that I will, by the end of tonight, find some album that I want to review and share.


However, predominantly I just want to share some songs. Sometimes enjoying music for the sake of music is just as rewarding as whatever it is that happens when I review an album.


If I had to be honest, which I do because I want to be a good person again, I simply haven't been in a place where it feels right to talk. Things aren't always as they should be. Whether I want to admit it or not, I am in the midst of a musical dry spell. Though I am pretty much up to my neck in good music, my mind is completely closed off to it. I don't really hear anything, I don't really register any meaning at all. I am enjoying music for the sound that it makes, and left feeling cold.


So this is why I haven't really been able to post anything since last Sunday, when I reviewed three albums at once. After being told "I'm sick of you", I just couldn't feel music anymore. I don't know when that will change, but until then, here are some sounds that I like.


Oxford Icebergs - "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead"
Forest Fire - "Fortune Teller" (thanks Angela for sharing this song with me)
Ganglians - "Voodoo"
Röyksopp - "Poor Leno [Silikon Soul Remix]; There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"
Ada - "Luckycharm; Intuition"

No comments: