4.30.2010

I'll Fall in Love With Anybody Once

I found him under the slides, conspiring with his friend. I sat down, criss-cross applesauce, next to him on the carpet, waiting for story time to start. I was crying underneath the overhang when he walked past, he followed me home flipping me the bird, I was pushing him down in the playground, I was running into him on the bus, I was sitting across from him on the grass.


I knew once that if we both had the same M written in the lines of our palms, it was meant to be. I knew once that I could make anyone fall in love with me if only I could blow a dandelion puff out with just one breath. I knew once that you were in love with me.


Love you once, shame on you. Love you twice, shame on me.


When can I stop hating my own heart?

No comments: