11.15.2009

700...

It's our seven hundredth post, and there really isn't much to show for it. I was planning on doing a 100-post rewind just for fun, but somehow I feel like that would just be embarrassing for everyone involved.

Suffice it to say that I'm glad we all survived this week.

I got the Monsters of Folk album a while ago, but wasn't able to put anything up until now. Probably because of the label of "super group" I might have had too high expectations, and also because I usually don't like anything I listen to right away (which is usually cured through repetition or time), Monsters of Folk didn't really excite me. There are plenty of pleasant tracks, but they're really just pleasant, and not really exciting. After the first couple of listens, I feel pretty safe to condense the album to just the opening track, "Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)".

No comments: