11.23.2009

The World is Lazy

My favorite part of today was probably walking home and shout-singing the lyrics to "When I'm With You" by Best Coast. I have a feeling the people who live in the homes that I pass by most likely hate me, because I'm either screaming, groaning "ughhhhhh", crying, or singing. They probably think I am crazy. But really, how can you resist these lyrics?

The world is lazy
But you and me, we're just crazy
So when I'm with you I have fun
Yeah when I'm with you, I have fun

Ever since I was a little girl
My mama always told me there'd be boys like you
So when I'm with you I have fun
Yeah when I'm with you, I have fun

I hate sleeping alone
I hate sleeping alone
I hate sleeping alone
I hate sleeping alone
Alone, alone, alone, alone...
Alone.

In other news, I checked out Shel Silverstein's book, Where the Sidewalk Ends from the library. Though they are kid poems, I feel like I missed out on a lot of the meaning in them at that age, and aside from that my teachers sort of emphasized the humor in his poetry rather than the poetry itself. But to top it all, it brings back memories. Memories of poems I studiously memorized, to be recited when I was scared of the dark, or my dad calling me a yipiyuk because I would grab his ankles and make him drag me across the floor.

No comments: