12.14.2009

And the Cold Continues

I was really hoping to have kicked this cold by the time Monday came around (about three days to recover seems pretty reasonable) but no such luck. And I really thought that half mile I ran until I almost fainted would really help...Even OD-ing on herbal pills to the point that my stomach starts twitching; 'twas all to no avail. This cold officially is the biggest jerk ever.


Tomorrow is supposed to be the end of my not-until-finals-are-over ban on life, as well as the start of the Best of 2009 list. I don't think I'm that late for it, considering the fact that Pitchfork is revealing their list this week too (yeah, that's right. I'm competing with Pitchfork). They've already published half of their Top 100 Tracks of 2009. Yeah, I'm confused by Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" (placed 83) and Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" (placed at 69), but overall the tracks are pretty good. And at the very least they defend them pretty well.


Maybe it's not a very noticeable difference from what I normally write, but I feel like I'm completely frazzled and it's coming out in my blog posts. I even went so far as to go back and revise them myself, though it's hardly an improvement. 


I went out and bought a book by Milan Kundera, Laughable Loves, which is supposedly a collection of seven short stories of sexual comedies. Aside from the somewhat offputting cover, the stories themselves are fairly standard Kundera; stories told on both sides, philosophical meanderings and general tragic-comedies. I honestly find them more tragic than comedic. I am planning on reinventing the cover art in the days to come, as well.

No comments: