12.02.2009

I Think I Can

So I guess my prediction that yesterday would be one of the last sunny and crisp days was wrong; today was another beautiful clear sunny day. Maybe I'm the only one, but the only time I like sunlight is when it's freezing cold out. Probably because it makes me appreciate it more.

I suppose this is a bad thing, but I'll admit that I'm struggling here, to finish this post. Why? Because it's too dark out. I had a wonderful day exploring Seattle, partially because of the beautiful weather and the wonderful company, but also because it was the first time in a while where I went out for myself, without much expectations. Spontaneity is good for the soul (as Nietzsche would say, "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star").

In terms of music, all I can offer is Quarta 330's "Bleeps from Outer Space". Which reminds me of Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk, an album released in the seventies by this guy who called himself Meco. It's amusing to look at Meco's other albums, which include Meco Plays the Wizard of Oz and Christmas in the Stars: Star Wars' Christmas Album. To be honest I am hoping to get my hands on some of these albums, but I don't know where on earth I'll be able to find them.

No comments: