12.13.2009

Your Tongue is Sharp

I woke up this morning to the news that Flight of the Conchords don't actually plan on returning for a third season. Which makes sense, since season 2 ended somewhat definitively for the show, Bret, Jemaine and Murray having been deported back to New Zealand. It was an enjoyable show, but I have to give kudos to them for knowing when to stop. And besides, "the real Bret and Jemaine will continue to exist".


Also, the artwork for Yeasayer's new album Odd Blood was released. Definitely a weird one, folks. And I have a feeling that my anticipation for this release will not be in vain; if the album artwork, "Ambling Alp" and its music video are any indicators, this album is going to be one of my early favorites of 2010. Let's not forget, Yeasayer's All Hour Cymbals was listed as one of the best albums of the past decade. I'm listening to it again now, and I definitely have to retract my earlier statement that it was overhyped.


And if we'd all like to sit back and rewind to 1989, you'll be hearing the tracks "Monkey Gone to Heaven" and "Wave of Mutilation" from the Pixies off of the Doolittle album. I recently decided to go back and listen to the Pixies, and make no mistake, twenty years later and Doolittle hits just as hard as ever.

No comments: